Saturday, October 4, 2008

So at last we begin, 'cause we fall hard, we fall fast

OKAY! Let's see if I can remember everything that's happened since my last post. Tomorrow will mark exactly three weeks since I arrived...kind of crazy that it will be a month soon! I've been contacted by three agents on LA Casting. One was a theatrical agent without a good track record, so clearly I didn't respond. One was a commercial agent that I auditioned for last Saturday.

It didn't go as well as I would have liked, but I later found out they're also not very good. Another was yet another commercial agent, but considering I couldn't find anything on them, I took that as a bad sign. From what I've heard you do NOT want to get stuck with a D-list agent. Because you'll be locked into a contract, yet feel as though you haven't signed with an agent at all!

But the big and wonderful news is my interview/audition with the talent manager last Monday went really well. So well that they want to sign me. It's a very big, very global management company that works with all the top A-list agents. They're not going to sign me until I get my reel done, because they wouldn't be able to start working for me without it. Because they only submit to the really BIG projects, which I would not be a candidate for at this point. The first thing they'll do is get me signed with an agency (who will submit me for my level of projects). I met with the New Face Division Director (they only have about 5% new faces, everyone else are top names). He said he wants it so agents are fighting over me and I get to choose the best one. So exciting! BUT I need to still get two DVD's before I can complete my reel...aka, I have to HOUND the people to get them to me. Which hasn't been going well so far.

I finally signed up at Central Casting, but have yet to be able to get extra work. Hopefully I'll be able to Wednesday-Friday. Monday I'm going to a print agency open call in Beverly Hills. I'm hoping they'll sign me since that work pays...a lot.

Today I got new headshots taken with a really great photographer whose price was super cheap!! He's a working actor that knows what casting directors are looking for. Check out his website here. I get to pick up the CD tomorrow - I hope there are some great shots! Such a cute little gay Asian, who happens to be really good friends with James Kyson Lee from Heroes!

I was also invited to a blues event a few nights ago. I had submitted myself to a entertainment/casting group that was running it, and they invited me so I could learn more about their company. Sadly, I coudln't go. Hopefully I'll be able to attend a future event and network it up!

Anyway, I guess that's all for this time. I'll hopefully be posting my new photos tomorrow night!

No comments: